Have you ever received an email with the error code [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0]? If so, we have a few solutions to fix it.
Why is the error code [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0] necessary?
The error message [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0] signifies that Microsoft’s server cannot identify whether an email address is valid or not. Usually, the error code will appear when the ‘From’ email address doesn’t match the ‘To’ or ‘Reply To’ email addresses.
Why does Microsoft use [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0] as an error message?
For some reason, Microsoft chose to use a generic error message for this issue; instead of providing users with more detailed information about the problem. These types of vague messages are usually very frustrating, and it’s almost impossible to find solutions without trial and error. In order to reduce frustration and save you time, we’ve put together a list of steps that should fix this permanent error message.
How do I solve [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0]?
There are two common ways to resolve this issue. You can either contact Microsoft and ask them to fix the issue on their end, or you can check you are ‘From’ email address and make sure it matches your other email addresses. If not, simply change the ‘from’ information accordingly. Here’s how:
1) Access your Outlook account via a web browser (ex: Internet Explorer)
2) Open an email that contains [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0].
If possible, try opening an email from someone who uses the same Outlook version as you do, so that you don’t have to keep changing settings until you find the right one.
Read our blog: How to fix an Email Error [pii_email_f6815c801e7d702fe915]?
3) Look under the ‘From’ information. If it doesn’t match your other emails, follow these steps:
4) Click on the ‘Options’ tab at the top of your Outlook inbox.
5) Slide over to ‘Send/Receive,’ and then click on ‘Email Accounts.’ This should open up a new window with another list of options in it.
6) Find an email account that has similar settings as your ‘from’ address, and copy its settings; into the problematic email account’s settings.
7) Scroll down until you see a section labeled “Account Information. In this box, there will be two headers: “SMTP Server” and “Incoming Server (IMAP)”.
8) Select the ‘From’ account that has similar settings as your other email accounts.
9) Click on “Change.” This should take you to a new screen where you can change the important settings for this email address.
10) In this window, do the following: * Set your SMTP server information. Usually, it’s best to keep everything blank & use Microsoft’s outgoing server by entering “smtp.live.com” into both of the boxes labeled “Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).” * Under your incoming mail server (IMAP), put in your primary/main POP3 box info; which includes your username and password/PIN number.
NOTE: Your Username will be followed by “:\” and your password/PIN will be followed by “@”. For example, My username is “username”: my email address is email@example.com, so my outgoing server info would look like this: username: smtp.live.com
NOTE: In addition to that, you’ll also have to enter a colon in the box labeled “IMAP Server.”
If you are unsure of how to do this process above, don’t hesitate to contact a local technician for help or skip this step and move on to the next one if possible.
11) Click on ‘OK’ when finished, and then click ‘Next.’ This should take you back to your main Outlook inbox settings.
12) Click on ‘Finish’ to save your settings and try sending an email again that contains [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0].
13) If you are unsure how to send emails from a browser, refer to these steps: Follow the instructions on this page , but keep in mind you might have to use “smtp.live.com” as the outgoing server; instead of just leaving it blank when asked where your outgoing server is at.
NOTE: You may also need to repeat the above process for any other email addresses that contain [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0]. This isn’t always necessary, but if you notice that some of your other email addresses are still affected by [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0], then it might be.
when to contact the technician?
First, when the email server may be infected With a virus or Trojan horse.
1- If you are not able to send and receive e-mails with your Outlook account on your PC, then it is a good idea to check for viruses and Trojans. To do this in Microsoft Windows Explorer, go through the steps below:
2- Go to \>[C:\Program Files\]Microsoft Office\Office14
3- Find the folder named Web and open it (picture attached). Go to a subfolder named AppX all you have there is one file Wab32.dll click on that file once and wait ( picture attached) then go ahead and delete that file. Click yes all times if asked. This process should solve your problem of error [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0].
4- The second step is to go to services.msc and try to see if there aren’t any viruses in the service (picture attached).
5- After that, start your computer and check it again after 24 hours. If you still receive an email with the error code [pii_email_8d4598c46b27c2829ba0], contact Microsoft support immediately for further assistance.
Email Error PII Email 8D 459 8C 46 B 27 C 28 29 BA 0 help http://www.supportfilesite.com/articles/repairing-microsoft-outlook/repairing-microsoft-outlook-errors.html